Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Think I Have A New Addiction



'ROCK ON' in those Sponge Bob pants

Well, for Christmas my parents got our family Guitar Hero World Tour. I mean I have played this game a few times at some of my friend's homes in Vegas, but little did I know how ADDICTED you can become when it is your own game! I think that I have played that game for over 20 hours in the past 3 days! I know pretty pathetic huh! But since I am unemployed at the moment, maybe my new job will be to become a professional guitarist or even a drummer! hahaha! Even though you now know that I am addicted to this amazing game! I have to say that even my parents are playing it almost as often as I am! The other night we even had a band-off! Where we had our band that we created and we competed against my parents along with my aunts and uncles! it was great! we ended up losing, but I honestly have no idea how! Our whole band was on medium while the parents were all on easy! Our percentages were higher than there's but for some reason we decided to let the amount of cash earned decide who won and they got more cash! Being the competitive person that I am I was furious along with confused! And yes I did put up a fight! :D Although I stayed calm and collected! But I hate losing and I myself got a 98% accuracy! So I felt as though I could back up my words with my amazing performance!
Well, when it comes to actually playing the game I feel as though my strongest instrument is the guitar! I can rock the house on that thing! Following the guitar is definitley the bass because it is practically the same technique! Next comes the drum where I have had much improvement in the past few days! I never knew being a drummer was so gosh darn difficult! Last on the list is definitely the vocals! I happen to have one of the worst voices! One of my roommates even flat out laughed at my during church while I was attempting to sing a hymn. Yeah that should sum up how horrible my vocal chords really are! But that is a quick run down of my instrumental abilities and how each one ranks in my book!
Well, here are some pictrues of my family rocking out on Christmas day right after we opened it! We didn't wait long from when we opened it to when we set it up and started playing! So around 11 o'clock on Christmas Day is the time when I became addicted to the great game

'Guitar Hero World Tour'

Also, as a family we were not blessed with great voices! We sing and sing but it doesn't sound good! Therefore the vocals level for our family stays on EASY! Oh and I am the worst one in the family! Everyone laughs when I attempt to sing! But my motto is...

'sing as loud as you can and maybe it will end up sounding half way decent'

My Mom playing the Guitar with Nate as her groupie!
Rach showing my mom how its done! She has mastered how to look cute while playing!

Lets just hope that we don't end up like this guy!

I mean he has a 6 pack, but everything else is quite a scary site! Although I would love a pair of leather pants to play in! OK fine confession.....this guy is my idol and I want to be just like him!

2 comments:

  1. We got this for Christmas, but I haven't played it yet. Can't wait to, just so I can be as good as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda I have to say that it is very difficult to get to my level! It will take you many hours of intense training! :D i promise you will love it though! its super duper fun!

    ReplyDelete